Friday, December 2, 2011

My Latest Adventures in Leprechaun Land...

Well folks,

Boy do I have a lot to fill you in on!  Last week my Uncle JJ and Aunt Nicole came all the way over the sea to visit sweet little me!!!  I was excited to show them around so Mom, Dad and I drove to the airport to collect them and we headed right into Dublin to show them around! (The best way to fight the jet lag is just keep going says Mom)

We headed into the Guinness Museum....


IMG_3035



I definitely love me some Guinness... if you don't believe me you should ask Mom to show you the video of me sticking my hands in Grandad's pint... Num Num Num!

IMG_3039


We had some lunch as well, I have to say I love eating out... especially when Mom let's me have some chips!  I always look for them first on the menu but Mom usually says no....

IMG_3021


Here JJ and Nicole are enjoying their first pint in Ireland with Dad....

IMG_3042



I almost took my 1st step in the Guinness factory... everyone agreed I took my first backward step... but not a real one!

IMG_3044


We then walked around Dublin to show Uncle JJ and Aunt Nicole all the sights... we had to take a pit stop to get some coffee in the afternoon to keep everyone going.  I filled Aunt Nicole in on all the gossip from the land of the green...

IMG_3045



Afterwards we went on a walk around the town and Mom bought me a new book.  I read it to Uncle JJ on the luas on the way home as his goodnight story as they were tired from their trip...

IMG_3047



So after I put Uncle JJ and Aunt Nicole to bed, I hung out with Mom and Dad.  The next day we all drove down to Kilkenny to see my Nana & Grandad.    Mom dropped me off with Nana and the rest of the gang went touring in Kilkenny.  Rumor has it that Dad (after 33 years of never going) actually visited AND went INSIDE Kilkenny castle... can you believe it?   Uncle JJ and Daddy did their best leprechaun leaps to celebrate!

jj gav


Then Mom and Dad ditched me with my Nana for 3 days (no complaining here) and Mom came to get me on Wednesday so I could be sure to celebrate Turkey Day with everyone (you already saw me as a turkey!)

We had a good dinner together, watched the Packers WIN...

IMG_3062



And took a post-turkey dinner nap with my Uncle JJ...

IMG_1430


On Friday, Mom & Dad took the day off so we all headed up to Newgrange.  When we arrived to the tour centre and boarded the bus, I buckled myself in and made sure to have my camera ready...

IMG_3068


Wow Newgrange is cool.... it's 4000 years old (older than the pyramids in Egypt)...


IMG_1433


It was really, REALLY, windy that day though.... Aunt Nicole was barley visible in her jacket...

IMG_1436



Now, you can't take photos inside but wow is it neat.  When they turned off the lights to demonstrate how the light comes in on the winter solstice I went "ooooooohhhh!" and made everyone laugh!   Now since it opened at the turn of the century, it's had millions of visitors... but I bet you I was the first little froggy to go inside!

IMG_1435



I really liked spending the day with my family... we had lots of fun!

IMG_1448

I'm going to miss my Uncle JJ and Aunt Nicole... I told them I'd see them in the new year.  I can't wait!

So that's all for me folks, but don't worry I have more to come before the end of the weekend!

Love, Lulu

No comments: