Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lulu Lama !?!

Well folks...

All I can say folks is..... See the Buddha Baby...... See the Dalai Lama!!!

That's right, today I told Mom that I wanted to go to Kildare to see the Dalai Lama as I heard he was coming to town.  So Mom thought that there would be loads of people and we wouldn't be able to see anything but I told her to go.  

So she packed me up and off we went (about 10 miles away) to Kildare town and arrived at 11:45am which we thought as he was due around 1pm that there would be tons of people but nope we were first on the scene!

IMG_1491


Here I am with the tent and sign.... Mom couldn't believe it no one else was there leave it to the laid back Irish!

IMG_1494



So as we were waiting I was interviewed by the Kildare Nationalist, Lenister Leader and Kildare TV.   But Mom of course had to speak for me as they didn't understand my gurgles!  I had my photo taken waiting around so we'll see next week if I'm in the paper!


After a while the Mayor of Kilare came over - you can see my hood in the photo.  

IMG_1500

Then, the Dalai Lama arrived and the town presented him with a St Brigid's cross and flame.   After wards he was walking towards the exit and came right over to me and smiled and waved at me!   Mom was holding me in one arm but she managed to get a photo of him on the way over on the other.  


IMG_1538

(Mom took this with her phone while I was in the other arm right before he waived at me!)

I didn't get to shake his hand though as there was a speaker cable in the way but he waved and smiled right at me!!  I turned around and said "Mom I TOLD you we should come today!"  but it sounded like this ppppbbbpppsst.

I was a happy baby the entire time didn't even mind waiting around!


IMG_1493

So later folks and peace to all of you!

Love Lulu

1 comment: