Another great day today with our friends (everyone stayed over at our place last night). Mom said I was so excited to have people over that I woke up every hour last night (My front teeth are hurting me big time!)
I started off the day with a spikeydoo from Dad...
We sat outside in the sun and played for awhile... Uncle Paul will not let me play with his keys to his car!
(Mom is starting to think that I may be mimicking the dogs as I always am sticking out my tongue!)
I'm also wearing one of Mom's old outfits that arrived on Friday! Thanks Grammie!
Today was the Robertstown Family Fun day so Mom, Dad, Rosanne, Brian, Brennan and my sisters, Dixie and Daisy headed to the Robertstown GAA pitch for the Family Fun. Here we are after we arrived at the pitch, I was so happy I just had to take off my socks!
Would you believe that just after we arrived they announced that any dogs wanting to enter the dog competition should make sure to sign up! Mom and Dad couldn't believe there was a dog show as Dixie and Daisy had just jumped into the canal for a swim. I told Mom that my sisters were the best dogs in Ireland and that they had to enter so Mom signed them up! Now they were still wet from their swim but Mom had 1 July 4th hat from yesterday in the buggy so she put it on Duke.
Dixie didn't have anything to wear and she was really nervous before hand...
I mean, she was so nervous as she had fierce competition:
1. Her sister Daisy Duke... the prettier dog in our house (although not the smartest!)
2. A little 10 year old seeing impaired boy with his golden lab seeing eye dog
3. A white puffy show dog with pink ribbons in her hair
4. A 11/12 year old boy with his yipyip (Scruffy)
The judge (a woman from Northern Ireland) walked past all the dogs... Duke was too interested in the people to care much what was going on, but Dixie she rocked the competition! She nicely sat when the judge came over, then shook dads hand and like a pro ran and fetched a golf ball Dad happened to have in his pocket.
And then the awards, Duke and Scruffy were awarded medals for participating... then the judge walked over to the seeing eye Dog (which we assumed had one), and then the show dog (which we assumed got 2nd) and then when she walked over to Dad and Dixie she said "Congratulations TOP DOG!"
That's right folks Dixie won Robertstown Family Fun Day TOP DOG trophy!
Here is Dixie accepting her ENGRAVED TROPHY!
Duke was eyeing up the silverware... but we still managed to get a family photo!
Now isn't she one HAPPY CHAMPION SHOW DOG! Way to go Dixie Dee Dunne!
You should have seen her walk home, she was on a high and now is proudly the best dog in the village! I couldn't be prouder of my big sister!
Love,
Lulu








No comments:
Post a Comment