Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pour Some Water on Me

Well folks, I was baptised!

First, Mom and Dad ditched me at Nana & Grandads to go to Mount Juliet for a night last week. Mom took these photos of the place... there was lots of freezing fog that morning. I loved staying at Nana & Grandads!!!

mt juliet


mtjuilet


Here I am with my Nana...

nanalulu


Well the morning of my baptism started out with a BANG!! Literally as when mom plugged her curling iron into the wall -- ZAP! She was electrocuted with 240 volts of electricity! She wasn't hurt just a burn on her finger but wow the shock of it!

It was cold outside so I couldn't wear my dress to the church so Mom put me into one of her outfits when she was a baby. I am not quite sure of the "bonnet" do I look like your Bonnie Over the Sea??

lulubaby



After that excitement we drove to Killaloe Church by Gavin's parent’s house… The church is TINY although it looks bigger here...





So in the church Mom dressed me in my Grammie's Christening gown... I'm the 3rd generation to wear it!

dress1


Mommy & Me in the dress - aren't we CUUUTTTE!

mamaandbaby


And here is Grammie, Mommy and Me... hmmm maybe I should have smiled!




Hey did you know I got a new set of parents? They are WAAAAAY cooler than my parents - my Uncle Paul and Daddy's cousin Clare are my godparents. I think they are great! Although I maybe giving Clare a run for her money in this shot!

godparents


Here I am with my parents & godparents before the "meltdown" as Mom calls it started!

parentsgodparents


And then... I got baptised!! Look at me screaming my heart out... you would too that water is COLD folks!

baptised


And I mean COLD!




Afterwards, my Great Grandad bought me a cake! I wish I could have eaten it... Daddy said it was nummy! (Mom doesn't like cream but she said the flowers were good!)

cake


Thanks Great Grandad!


gavinfamily


And finally, we went to Langtons to have a meal... however we had to wait for the table so they sent us to the bar... if only I was taller I could have ordered my first pint! Maybe being awake would have helped as well as I slept through the dinner. All that screaming in the church wears a baby out!

bar


Well folks, I'm off to bed so here's looking at you!

lulub

Love Lulu

No comments: