Monday, March 7, 2011

Playdate in the 'Hood'

Well folks,

I went over to my friend Brennan's house today for a play date.... you may remember Brennan he was born a month before me to one of Mom's friends from Iowa who lives in Dublin now.    Mom and Rosanne compared us and I have to say maybe I should cut back on the boobs for a bit... I mean look at the size of me and he's a month older!

IMG_1302

Well the excitement of the day... not only did I get to go to Brennan's but I got to see where it all went down this weekend.   You see Brennan lives in an great new development in Smithfield - an area of Dublin really developed over the past few years but the trouble is the once a month Smithfield Horse Market that comes to town.   All the travelers bring in their *horses* to sell and trade - they don't care that this is a new city centre area they still come in and sell once a month (leaves a bit of a mess behind).   This weekend two of the travelling families got into a brawl and there was a shooting and people slashed by hooks!   Luckily Brennan & Rosanne here inside for the day and didn't hear any of it.   You can read about the shooting and see the gorey photos here.  Mom warned you - one of the guys got a slash hook to the arm that just about took it off - European Newspaper = spare no gore!

So, of course Brennan and I wanted to see where the action went down so Mama and Rosanne put us in our bjorns and out the front door of their apartment to take a quick snap shot.   Then we walked around the town a bit - we had fun but snoozed most of the time.

IMG_1318

You may think I'm snoozin' here but really I'm making my gansta face!  


We're good buddies though & I can't wait to see him soon!  For more photo of us check out Brennan's blog here!

IMG_1312 
Lulu "Hey Brennan are they still taking photos of us?"
Brennan "Yes, pretend like you don't see them maybe they'll go and leave us in peace!"


And with all that excitement you think Mom would have just brought me home but no... we went to Tesco to meet Daddy and get some food which would have been good fun.   But Mom is NOT nice... walking past the banana aisle she spotted a scale and decided to stick me on it to see what I weigh. 

lulu turnip

Mom... what if they think I'm a turnip!!!  I don't want anyone to buy me!


She's a mean Mom!!!!   And I have to report I weighed in at 7.3kgs.... 16.09lbs!  Now.. need to find me some dinner!

Love Lulu


2 comments:

Life's A Journey... said...

Lulu,

Tell your mom after reading that article, I DO miss European news and the blunt-ness!

Also, if I was at the market, I would not think you were a turnip....more like a "Rump Roast!" LOVE your rolls and your double chin! You are lucky I wasn't there walking by, or else I would have tried to buy you! Keep the posting up! (:

Rosanne and Brian Carter said...

Love it!! Lulu, you're our favourite lil roly poly and we love you just the way you are!